[mythtv-users] "Woodchuck" sound on TV playback

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:20:09 UTC 2008

I should have been more specific.  I am not getting "chipmunk" voices.  It's
actually a static "chatter"  I can't make out any sounds at all.  I'm not
sure where else to look.  I'm gonna check out the link that Michael gave.

I just checked it out.  I used to have this in place and wasn't getting
sound at all.  Once I took it out, (per recommendations of ALSA IRC channel)
everything started working, except LiveTV or TV recordings.  I'll try it
again.  I might have to get a real sound card (not Creative, maybe Turtle
Beach).