[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase and OriginalAirDate

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 12 20:59:25 UTC 2008

On 08/12/2008 03:52 PM, Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Christopher Meredith wrote:
>> When using mythfilldatabase with an xml file, it appears to process the
>> data in the "<date>" tag and insert it into the database in the "airdate"
>> field (which only accepts a 4-digit year) instead of the "originalairdate"
>> field (which supports year-month-day). How can I change this behavior?
>>
>> Also, does mythfilldatabase recognize the "<live />" tag?
> All the answers you seek can be found in
> "programs/mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp" in your mythtv source tree.

Probably true, but he should likely be seeking some other info...  ;)

If you look at
http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd and
look at the <date> element for the <programme> element, you'll find:

<!-- The date the programme or film was finished. This will probably
be the same as the copyright date.
-->
<!ELEMENT date (#PCDATA)>

And, since few (if any) films or other programs/programmes are actually
aired on the copyright date, the requested change is not correct.

(So, feel free to make the change for your own personal copy of MythTV,
but, IMHO, you shouldn't bother submitting a ticket/patch.)

Pretty sure this was discussed before on the mythtv lists, but I don't
feel like searching for the thread, right now.

Mike