[mythtv-users] Bitrate/quality on PVR-150

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Aug 12 23:08:33 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:

> companies will compress the hell out of everything to the max possible
> in an effort to make more money.

Amen!

Our local cable company is running ads claiming that the satellite
providers "aggressively process" their signals, the assumption being
that this is somehow bad.

No mention of the mangling that the cable company performs on everything.

The HD I've seen from cable is inferior to that from the satellite, but
that may not be a general situation.

beww