[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and 0.21: any way to add it as a capture card?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 13 01:20:43 UTC 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 5:47 PM, Bob Sully wrote:

> Is there any way I can configure this to work other than changing
> over to
> SVN/trunk?  I'd really rather not, since everything else is now
> working
> well.  If not, about how long (guess-timate) am I looking at before
> the
> changes will be made available to the packagers?

You have three choices:

1. Run SVN with at least the version that contains HD-PVR support
2. Download a more stable version and manually patch it with HD-PVR
support. (This is guaranteed to be much more difficult than option 1)
3. Wait for the next stable version of MythTV. (No one knows when this
will be.)

Almost forgot Number 4 which is that many packagers now supply weekly
builds from trunk so you could switch over to that. Still not stable,
but at least you don't have to compile yourself.

-Brad