[mythtv-users] CPU usage during Playback of content from HD-PVR

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 13 02:16:49 UTC 2008

I'm trying to play back some content captured with a Hauppauge HD-PVR
on my AMD 64 X2 4400+.
I see that I should be able to play back according to this list http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/HD_Playback_Reports

When my first attempt on F8 didn't work (I wasn't getting audio with
ATrpms), I upgraded to Mythbuntu. I get audio now, but still choppy
playback at best. Then I bought CoreAVC, installed it and compiled
MythTV with the patch for it. I can verified it's being used, but
still no smooth playback. I'm seeing dshowserver using about 138% of
my CPU and mythfrontend using the rest with pauses about every second.

So I guess my question is can whomever is getting this to work please
post your approximate CPU usage so I know what I should expect and
then I can try to figure out why it's not working for me.

Thanks,

Brad