[mythtv-users] Configuration for Australia

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 03:48:29 UTC 2008

> I'm able to playback Australian HDTV on an old P4 3.0GHz with an Nvidia
> 5700 (I think for sure its a 5 series) using the default "Normal" playback
> profile. As far as I'm aware HDTV in AU is MPEG2 only not h264 (I could be
> wrong)

How hard does the CPU work when playing back the content? Do you have
a single device or have you split front and back end functionality?
And last, how hard is the CPU taxed?

If Australian content is mpeg2, then I may be able to use a low spec
front end, am I right? I probably have six months up my sleeve. I
don't have my hi def panel yet and am still comfortably using a
Topfield PVR at home for standard def signal.

> I'm actually waiting for the DVB-T HD Homerun to be released, which is
> estimated for September 2008 which was pushed back from Q1 2008 so I
> wouldn't hold your breath, I'm currently using a Dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T
> Plus which for the most part works well but I have intermittent problems
> recording SBS due to weak signal fussiness of the card I believe and the
> composite/svidio capture lacks audio (I was hoping to use this to digitise
> some old video tapes), all this is running on  www.mythdora.com which
> works pretty well out of the box.

Thanks, I will google this card and have a look at what it will offer...

Phil