[mythtv-users] Auto launching apps for USB block devices ?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Wed Aug 13 06:33:47 UTC 2008

Hi *

Can somebody hint me why myth is properly auto launching apps only for
FAT formated USB block devices ?
In my case plugging Ext3 formated USBHDD causes nothing.
As workaround I disable this feature in myth and wrote udev rule which
creates dir in defined place and next mounting device here. Adding this
place to paths in mythvideo config allows browsing and watching content
stored on USBHDD.
Unfortunately multiple content locations are possible only in mythvideo.
For myth gallery I'm not able to do so.

Ideally will be when plugging USB block device will mount device in some
dir and launch dialog allowing to select appropriate myth app.
Do we have plans for such functionality ?
br