[mythtv-users] single recordings and that blasted 'N'

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 13 10:27:15 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I have recently been plagued with the dreaded N in my recording
schedule. I set something to single record eg. a movie and then I either
find out that it hasn't recorded or if I am lucky I catch it in the
upcoming recordings listed with an N.
Now if I understand it correctly, it gets an N when the show you tagged
for recording no longer appears in the time slot. I am guessing this
because the time slot only changed about 2-3 minutes (eg from 8:55-10:55
to 8:52-10:52) and when I selected record again I had two listings with
the original marked with an N.
I have come across this before, was annoyed, but didn't worry too much
cos it only happened once. Last weekend it happened to me at least 4
times!!

Am I better off selecting "Record one showing of this title" rather than
"Record only this showing"? Would this catch the times when a program is
rescheduled?
If this is the better option, can I set it to "Record one showing of
this title" by default when I click record on something?
Regards,
Glen