[mythtv-users] Accessing mythweb from outside internal network

nasa01 at comcast.net nasa01 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 13 11:13:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am having some issues with accessing mythweb from outside my home network.  I'm not sure where the problem lies, so I was hoping I could get some help from those who do this successfully.

First, a little on my setup.  I have comcast provided internet.  The Comcast provided modem is connected to a  router which is connected to my mythbox via cable (ie: not Wifi).  There are 2 other machines on the network on a day to day basis.  I use my router to forward https request to my mythbox, which I have configured to receive them.  I have created a local certificate to make all this work.

Presently, I can use mythweb from my home network without any real issues (it maybe a little slow to load on some pages, but general it works well).  This is with me address the computer by it's internal ip address.