[mythtv-users] Video Card Recommendation

Nick Bright boberz at thewatch.org
Wed Aug 13 13:30:47 UTC 2008

John H wrote:
>> My OSD is color, and I'm using XvMC.
>>
>> - Nick
>>

> How did you get color OSD to work using XvMC on a 7300. I thought
> since it didn't support chromakey then color OSD wouldn't work unless
> you use xvmc-opengl. I removed my atrpms package and compiled with
> xvmc-opengl but it was too buggy.

I followed the instructions at

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Configuring_xorg.conf

according to

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Checking_your_installation

it's enabled, but to be honest I don't know any other way of checking.

Maybe I'm using xvmc-opengl? TBH I don't know.

In the frontend I'm set for UI Theme neon-wide, paint engine OpenGL, qt
style default, and menu theme default, and OSD Theme is Blootube.

I don't have any stability or smoothness problems on SD content. Waiting
on my HDHomeRun to try HD content, as I couldn't get my Hauppage
HVR-1600 working.

 - Nick