[mythtv-users] CPU usage during Playback of content from HD-PVR

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 13 15:17:18 UTC 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 3:57 AM, David Herman wrote:

> Quote <
> I'm trying to play back some content captured with a Hauppauge HD-PVR
> on my AMD 64 X2 4400+.
> I see that I should be able to play back according to this list http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/HD_Playback_Reports
>  >

> Please provide mythfrontend --version and what your video card setup
> is...

bderman at mythtv:~$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 16838
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
  linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw
using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live

But I don't think that information is correct. I've read that
mythbuntu messes with the version number reported with --version. I
just checked out and rebuilt on 08/11/2008.

I have an nvidia GeForce 7100GS card with the 169.12 driver running at
1920x1080. Settings here:

nvidia-settings -q all

Attributes for mythtv:0.0:

   Attribute 'DigitalVibrance' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0): 0.
     The valid values for 'DigitalVibrance' are in the range 0 - 63
(inclusive).
     'DigitalVibrance' is display device specific.
     'DigitalVibrance' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'ImageSharpening' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0): 0.
     The valid values for 'ImageSharpening' are in the range 0 - 31
(inclusive).
     'ImageSharpening' is display device specific.
     'ImageSharpening' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'BusType' (mythtv:0.0): 2.
     The valid values for 'BusType' are in the range 0 - 3 (inclusive).
     'BusType' is a read-only attribute.
     'BusType' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'BusRate' (mythtv:0.0): 16.
     The valid values for 'BusRate' are in the range 1 - 16 (inclusive).
     'BusRate' is a read-only attribute.
     'BusRate' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'VideoRam' (mythtv:0.0): 524288.
     'VideoRam' is an integer attribute.
     'VideoRam' is a read-only attribute.
     'VideoRam' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'Irq' (mythtv:0.0): 18.
     'Irq' is an integer attribute.
     'Irq' is a read-only attribute.
     'Irq' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'OperatingSystem' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     The valid values for 'OperatingSystem' are in the range 0 - 2
(inclusive).
     'OperatingSystem' is a read-only attribute.
     'OperatingSystem' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'SyncToVBlank' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'SyncToVBlank' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/
true) and 0 (off/false).
     'SyncToVBlank' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'AllowFlipping' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     'AllowFlipping' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/
true) and 0 (off/false).
     'AllowFlipping' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'LogAniso' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     The valid values for 'LogAniso' are in the range 0 - 4 (inclusive).
     'LogAniso' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'FSAA' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     Valid values for 'FSAA' are: 0, 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
     'FSAA' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'TextureSharpen' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'TextureSharpen' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/
true) and 0 (off/false).
     'TextureSharpen' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'TwinView' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'TwinView' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/true)
and 0 (off/false).
     'TwinView' is a read-only attribute.
     'TwinView' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'ConnectedDisplays' (mythtv:0.0): 0x00010000.
     'ConnectedDisplays' is a bitmask attribute.
     'ConnectedDisplays' is a read-only attribute.
     'ConnectedDisplays' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'EnabledDisplays' (mythtv:0.0): 0x00010000.
     'EnabledDisplays' is a bitmask attribute.
     'EnabledDisplays' is a read-only attribute.
     'EnabledDisplays' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'AssociatedDisplays' (mythtv:0.0): 0x00010000.
     'AssociatedDisplays' is a bitmask attribute.
     'AssociatedDisplays' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'Depth30Allowed' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'Depth30Allowed' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/
true) and 0 (off/false).
     'Depth30Allowed' is a read-only attribute.
     'Depth30Allowed' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'ForceGenericCpu' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'ForceGenericCpu' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/
true) and 0 (off/false).
     'ForceGenericCpu' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'GammaCorrectedAALines' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'GammaCorrectedAALines' is a boolean attribute; valid values are:
1 (on/true) and 0 (off/false).
     'GammaCorrectedAALines' can use the following target types: X
Screen.

   Attribute 'CursorShadow' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'CursorShadow' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/
true) and 0 (off/false).
     'CursorShadow' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'CursorShadowXOffset' (mythtv:0.0): 4.
     The valid values for 'CursorShadowXOffset' are in the range 0 -
32 (inclusive).
     'CursorShadowXOffset' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'CursorShadowYOffset' (mythtv:0.0): 2.
     The valid values for 'CursorShadowYOffset' are in the range 0 -
32 (inclusive).
     'CursorShadowYOffset' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'CursorShadowAlpha' (mythtv:0.0): 64.
     The valid values for 'CursorShadowAlpha' are in the range 0 - 254
(inclusive).
     'CursorShadowAlpha' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'CursorShadowRed' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     The valid values for 'CursorShadowRed' are in the range 0 - 255
(inclusive).
     'CursorShadowRed' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'CursorShadowGreen' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     The valid values for 'CursorShadowGreen' are in the range 0 - 255
(inclusive).
     'CursorShadowGreen' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'CursorShadowBlue' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     The valid values for 'CursorShadowBlue' are in the range 0 - 255
(inclusive).
     'CursorShadowBlue' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'FSAAAppControlled' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     'FSAAAppControlled' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1
(on/true) and 0 (off/false).
     'FSAAAppControlled' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'LogAnisoAppControlled' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     'LogAnisoAppControlled' is a boolean attribute; valid values are:
1 (on/true) and 0 (off/false).
     'LogAnisoAppControlled' can use the following target types: X
Screen.

   Attribute 'RefreshRate' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0): 60.00
Hz.
     'RefreshRate' is an integer attribute.
     'RefreshRate' is a read-only attribute.
     'RefreshRate' is display device specific.
     'RefreshRate' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'InitialPixmapPlacement' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     The valid values for 'InitialPixmapPlacement' are in the range 0
- 4 (inclusive).
     'InitialPixmapPlacement' can use the following target types: X
Screen.

   Attribute 'DynamicTwinview' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     'DynamicTwinview' is an integer attribute.
     'DynamicTwinview' is a read-only attribute.
     'DynamicTwinview' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'MultiGpuDisplayOwner' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'MultiGpuDisplayOwner' is an integer attribute.
     'MultiGpuDisplayOwner' is a read-only attribute.
     'MultiGpuDisplayOwner' can use the following target types: X
Screen.

   Attribute 'GPUScaling' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0): 1,1.
     Valid values for 'GPUScaling' are: [1, 2 and 3], [1 and 2].
     'GPUScaling' is display device specific.
     'GPUScaling' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'FrontendResolution' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0):
1920,1080.
     'FrontendResolution' is a packed integer attribute.
     'FrontendResolution' is a read-only attribute.
     'FrontendResolution' is display device specific.
     'FrontendResolution' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'BackendResolution' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0):
1920,1080.
     'BackendResolution' is a packed integer attribute.
     'BackendResolution' is a read-only attribute.
     'BackendResolution' is display device specific.
     'BackendResolution' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'FlatpanelNativeResolution' (mythtv:0.0; display device:
DFP-0): 1920,1080.
     'FlatpanelNativeResolution' is a packed integer attribute.
     'FlatpanelNativeResolution' is a read-only attribute.
     'FlatpanelNativeResolution' is display device specific.
     'FlatpanelNativeResolution' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'FlatpanelBestFitResolution' (mythtv:0.0; display device:
DFP-0): 1920,1080.
     'FlatpanelBestFitResolution' is a packed integer attribute.
     'FlatpanelBestFitResolution' is a read-only attribute.
     'FlatpanelBestFitResolution' is display device specific.
     'FlatpanelBestFitResolution' can use the following target types:
X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUScalingActive' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0): 0.
     'GPUScalingActive' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1
(on/true) and 0 (off/false).
     'GPUScalingActive' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUScalingActive' is display device specific.
     'GPUScalingActive' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'DFPScalingActive' (mythtv:0.0; display device: DFP-0): 0.
     'DFPScalingActive' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1
(on/true) and 0 (off/false).
     'DFPScalingActive' is a read-only attribute.
     'DFPScalingActive' is display device specific.
     'DFPScalingActive' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUErrors' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'GPUErrors' is an integer attribute.
     'GPUErrors' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUErrors' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'GvoSupported' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'GvoSupported' is a boolean attribute; valid values are: 1 (on/
true) and 0 (off/false).
     'GvoSupported' is a read-only attribute.
     'GvoSupported' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'GPUCoreTemp' (mythtv:0.0): 78.
     'GPUCoreTemp' is an integer attribute.
     'GPUCoreTemp' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUCoreTemp' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'OpenGLImageSettings' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     The valid values for 'OpenGLImageSettings' are in the range 0 - 3
(inclusive).
     'OpenGLImageSettings' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     The valid values for 'XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank' are in the range
0 - 1 (inclusive).
     'XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank' can use the following target types: X
Screen.

   Attribute 'XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     The valid values for 'XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank' are in the range
0 - 1 (inclusive).
     'XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank' can use the following target types: X
Screen.

   Attribute 'XVideoSyncToDisplay' (mythtv:0.0): 0x00010000.
     'XVideoSyncToDisplay' is a bitmask attribute.
     'XVideoSyncToDisplay' can use the following target types: X Screen.

   Attribute 'GPUDefault2DClockFreqs' (mythtv:0.0): 350,532.
     'GPUDefault2DClockFreqs' is a packed integer attribute.
     'GPUDefault2DClockFreqs' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUDefault2DClockFreqs' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUDefault3DClockFreqs' (mythtv:0.0): 350,532.
     'GPUDefault3DClockFreqs' is a packed integer attribute.
     'GPUDefault3DClockFreqs' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUDefault3DClockFreqs' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'GPU2DClockFreqs' (mythtv:0.0): 350,532.
     The valid values for 'GPU2DClockFreqs' are in the ranges 87 -
700, 133 - 1400 (inclusive).
     'GPU2DClockFreqs' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'GPU3DClockFreqs' (mythtv:0.0): 350,532.
     The valid values for 'GPU3DClockFreqs' are in the ranges 87 -
700, 133 - 1400 (inclusive).
     'GPU3DClockFreqs' can use the following target types: X Screen,
GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUCurrentClockFreqs' (mythtv:0.0): 350,532.
     'GPUCurrentClockFreqs' is a packed integer attribute.
     'GPUCurrentClockFreqs' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUCurrentClockFreqs' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUPerfModes' (mythtv:0.0): perf=0, nvclock=350,
memclock=532

   Attribute 'NvidiaDriverVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 169.12

   Attribute 'NvControlVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 1.14

   Attribute 'GLXServerVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 1.4

   Attribute 'GLXClientVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 1.4

   Attribute 'OpenGLVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

   Attribute 'XRandRVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 1.2

   Attribute 'XF86VidModeVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 2.2

   Attribute 'XvVersion' (mythtv:0.0): 2.2

   Attribute 'GPUCurrentPerfMode' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     'GPUCurrentPerfMode' is an integer attribute.
     'GPUCurrentPerfMode' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUCurrentPerfMode' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUCurrentPerfLevel' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'GPUCurrentPerfLevel' is an integer attribute.
     'GPUCurrentPerfLevel' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUCurrentPerfLevel' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUAdaptiveClockState' (mythtv:0.0): 1.
     'GPUAdaptiveClockState' is an integer attribute.
     'GPUAdaptiveClockState' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUAdaptiveClockState' can use the following target types: X
Screen, GPU.

   Attribute 'GPUPowerSource' (mythtv:0.0): 0.
     'GPUPowerSource' is an integer attribute.
     'GPUPowerSource' is a read-only attribute.
     'GPUPowerSource' can use the following target types: X Screen, GPU.