[mythtv-users] Mythbackend randomly dies

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Aug 13 17:15:47 UTC 2008

Thanks a lot for the clarification fellas, I've got it working great now. My
script is

if pidof mythbackend ; then
 echo "Mythbackend is running $(date +%m%d%y_%T)" >>
/home/bobby2/logs/backend.log
else
 echo "Mythbackend wasn't running, restarted at $(date +%m%d%y_%T)" >>
/home/bobby2/logs/backend.log
 /etc/rc.d/mythbackend restart
fi

I just added the cronjob to my /root/cron and it works great. Learn
somethin' new everyday! :)

Bob