[mythtv-users] CPU usage during Playback of content from HD-PVR

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 13 17:16:20 UTC 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Steve Heistand wrote:

> was it a 2nd gen one or 1st gen unit? 2nd gens actually have a working
> blue light on top when they record.  If its 1st gen and you havent
> sent it back for fixing you should. I sent my first unit back, not
> sure what all they did to it, but it works flawlessly now.
> my 2nd unit has the blue light on it and I actually kind of like it.

Not sure what I have, actually. I pre-ordered and was shipped the
first week, so I assume I have a first gen. It says Rev C on the
bottom. When I plug it in, I get the blue light on the front of the
unit. When I load the drive, the yellow light comes on, the the red
light immediately comes on and all three lights stay on and the device
immediately detaches. I assume they will tell me to send it back for a
new one.