[mythtv-users] CPU usage during Playback of content from HD-PVR

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Wed Aug 13 17:26:11 UTC 2008

> Not sure what I have, actually. I pre-ordered and was shipped the
> first week, so I assume I have a first gen. It says Rev C on the
> bottom. When I plug it in, I get the blue light on the front of the
> unit. When I load the drive, the yellow light comes on, the the red
> light immediately comes on and all three lights stay on and the device
> immediately detaches. I assume they will tell me to send it back for a
> new one.

did you load a new firmware under windows when you first got the unit?
the stuff on the cd that came with it was old, a newer version was
available on their website.
tne 2nd gen have the 3 little lights on front, but the new blue light is
on the top panel in the grove around the thing. almost backlit like.
the 3 on front I have taped over with electrical tape as they
were way too bright for living room use. (ok the wife complained)