[mythtv-users] CPU usage during Playback of content from HD-PVR

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 13 17:48:13 UTC 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 10:26 AM, Steve Heistand wrote:

>> Not sure what I have, actually. I pre-ordered and was shipped the
>> first week, so I assume I have a first gen. It says Rev C on the
>> bottom. When I plug it in, I get the blue light on the front of the
>> unit. When I load the drive, the yellow light comes on, the the red
>> light immediately comes on and all three lights stay on and the
>> device
>> immediately detaches. I assume they will tell me to send it back
>> for a
>> new one.
>
> did you load a new firmware under windows when you first got the unit?
> the stuff on the cd that came with it was old, a newer version was
> available on their website.

Yeah, I first tried the new firmware. Then they told me to load from
the CD. So I tried that. Then I tried the new firmware again.

> tne 2nd gen have the 3 little lights on front, but the new blue
> light is
> on the top panel in the grove around the thing. almost backlit like.
> the 3 on front I have taped over with electrical tape as they
> were way too bright for living room use. (ok the wife complained)

This seems to be a first gen. I didn't bother RMAing it since it
wasn't getting hot like other had described. I'm sure I'll get an
email back telling me to send it back to them for a new unit.