[mythtv-users] Satellite Receiver with ATSC (not analog/NTSC) output on Ch 3 or 4?

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 21:12:37 UTC 2008

Steve Heistand wrote:
>> I wish an ATSC modulator was made for a PC that could take a pre-existing mpeg2
>> stream and make a house channel, but no one makes it.  This would seem to be
>> pretty simple to build since you already have.
>
> you mean something like:
>
> http://www.sencore.com/products/modulators/125
>
> not cheap I suspect though.

I have even found some that are USB and modulate ATSC, but none of them list the
price which means likely none of us want to know what the price is.  And most of
them seem to be multi-channel.

And the one above is likely more expensive just because it has to have a ATSC
decoder to do the NTSC channel from an ATSC stream.

                          Roger