[mythtv-users] Looking for an ASUS motherboard that net boots...
colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 00:58:02 UTC 2008
I've previously noted on this mailing list the problems I have had
attempting to get an ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus motherboard to net boot
(bottom line, I have shipped the motherboard to ASUS twice, they have
shipped the motherboard back twice and I still have a motherboard with
a broadcast MAC address, grumble)...
In talking to ASUS this afternoon, they suggested they MIGHT be
willing to replace the M2N-MX SE Plus with a different model
motherboard. So, before I talk to ASUS tomorrow (Friday August 15th) I
would like to know what motherboards does ASUS sell that can net boot?
With the M2N-MX SE Plus I was after a basic microATX motherboard that
could be tucked into a corner of my bedroom all to act as a diskless
frontend for my main FE/BE box in the livingroom. So, what I am after
is a board that:
- MUST have a valid MAC address for the on-board ethernet port.
- MUST support net booting.
As I am in no mood to re-purchase stuff to go with the motherboard I also want:
- a microATX form factor so I can re-use the HTPC case I have.
- support for the AMD AM2 3200+ CPU
- support for 533MHz DDR2 memory
- On-board video good enough to display 1080p OR have a PCI-Expess
connector that will allow me to re-use my GeForce 7200 card.
Nice to have, but not critical, as I might repurpose the motherboard
2-3 years down the road would be:
- SATA raid support, Gigabit ethernet, firewire, etc...
So, what ASUS motherboards (if any) can make the above cut?
More information about the mythtv-users