[mythtv-users] Trying to get menu to show on VFD

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Fri Aug 15 08:23:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to get the VFD on my new case (an Origen one, with an
IRTrans compatible VFD) to show menu items selected.

Using the LCDd found on the irtrans website I didn't get much more then
either black screen or date/time. Found an 0.5.1 lcdproc version with
irtrans driver, tried that, and now see much more, a.o. recording
status, progress bars (e.g. on scaling images).

But still no menu. Whatever combination of settings I try on the LCD
setup screen, I never see any of the menu items.

Hopefully I'm missing something very obvious?

	Herman

(running stock MythBuntu 8.04)