[mythtv-users] Can play recording, but can't fast forward !

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 15 14:10:46 UTC 2008

On 08/15/2008 07:10 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> 2008/8/15 Jean-Yves Avenard:
>
>> I have a few recordings , I can watch them fine and fast forward at 3X ..
>>
>> However , anything faster (say 5X) then mythfrontend will hang and
>> will not respond anymore requiring to kill the process...
>>
> Fixed it...
>
> I noticed the following errors in mythbackend.log:
> 2008-08-15 21:03:01.811 DB Error (delta position map insert):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO recordedseek (chanid, starttime, mark, type, offset) VALUES ( '1001'
>  , '2008-08-15T21:00:00' , 3813 , 9 , 325996136 );
> Driver error was [2/145]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
>
> etc etc...
>

> Which I fixed using the following command:
> mysqlcheck --auto-repair -A -u mythtv -pmysqlpass
>
> Found following instructions:
> http://www.pantz.org/software/mysql/fixingmysqlcrashedtables.html
>
> No idea why my mysql database would get corrupted though ; nor why
> mythfrontend would crash so bad (it crashed on all frontends I tried
> too !)

Better is to run the script optimize_mythdb.pl (from the contrib
directory) to fix the crash (as it requires no options and the wrong
options to mysqlcheck will prevent it from doing the right thing).  As a
matter of fact, you should probably put that script in a daily cron job
as mentioned in the comments at the top of the script.

Mike