[mythtv-users] Freesat

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 15 17:10:56 UTC 2008

On 08/15/2008 12:56 PM, Robert wrote:
> Steve Hill wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Robert wrote:
>>> I've got data for channels like movies for men, true movies, news 24 out
>>> to at least next thursday, 21st - so it's definitely more than now+next
>>>
>> Ok, cool - I think a downgrade might be in order for me (downgrading the
>> DB schema might be "fun" though)

If you're talking about going from trunk to -fixes, your best bet is to
start over.  Even if you get the DB schema right, your data will almost
definitely be wrong, and MythTV with bad data is worse than no MythTV at
all (which is worse than having spikes driven underneath your fingernails).

>>> Must admit I still use xmltv for all the main BBC / ITV / Four channels
>>> because the quality of data seems to be better.
>>>
>> I was considering hacking up a system to give me EPG data for the next
>> week and radiotimes data for the following week.  Not sure how well
>> it'll work though.
>>

> I've never tried it, but I was under the impression that if you had
> both, then the xmltv data would be saved whenever mythfilldb ran and the
> EIT data would overwrite whatever was already there.

Right, and there will almost definitely be differences in the
titles/subtitles/descriptions (and, if your grabber provides them,
programids) of the programs, causing all sorts of problems with
scheduling and duplicate matching.

In short, don't mix EIT and XMLTV on the same channel.

Mike