[mythtv-users] Motherboards

Nick Bright boberz at thewatch.org
Fri Aug 15 22:45:09 UTC 2008

So I couldn't resist Jeff Walther's post about the NSK-2400 at Fry's and
ordered one. Stoopid me for not paying attention to the fact that it
only supports MicroATX motherboards!

So, now I'm looking around at motherboards (since my current MythBox has
a full ATX).

I noticed these two units at Newegg and I'm curious if anybody has tried
to use this particular chipset, and if so to what degree of success?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500004
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500006

They are very enticing because they have an onboard coaxial S/PDIF
output *and* an HDMI output with GeForce 7100 or 7150 video chip
respectively!

This is a perfect fit for my two PVR-150's and soon to be received
HDHomeRun :)

So, has anyone tried linux/myth with this chipset?

Thanks in advance!

  - Nick