[mythtv-users] Another Motherboard Question

Nick Bright boberz at thewatch.org
Sat Aug 16 16:15:14 UTC 2008

I'm looking at another board, this one I'd get on trade from a buddy so
the price is right :)

http://www.pcparadiseuk.com/components/motherboards/ecs-6100sm-m2/prod_541.html

has a pretty good listing of the specs.

My main question is: what are peoples results of using the GeForce 6100
chipset with MythTV, and how well does the Realtec ACL662 HD audio work
under linux? Speicifically, I'm interested in the S/PDIF output.

For video I'll either use the onboard, or my 7300GS card, depending on
how well the onboard works.

I'd be using this with an AMD 3600+ Dual Core CPU, is that going to be
enough to work well with 720P/1080i playback? I'll be installing two
PVR-150 cards and attaching an HDHomeRun for HD content.

Thanks in advance,

 - Nick