[mythtv-users] Backend seems to be crashing frontend

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Aug 16 18:14:03 UTC 2008

> close--it's optimize_mythdb.pl :)  (And it's from the contrib directory
> of the Myth source distribution.)
>
>>   You can also
>> just use the standard mysqlcheck program (which is what the script does)
>
> Actually uses a different approach, but accomplishes the same, and more.

Thanks to both Mike and Kevin for your help.

So far so good.

What I ended up doing was to find a checkbox in Mythbackend setup to
run a cron job daily to repair the database.  I then ran that job:

sudo /etc/cron.daily/optimize_mythdb.pl

Thanks again.  I won't say you saved my marriage as that would be an
exaggeration, but you made my life more pleasant.

By the way, the repair database button in mythweb did nothing.  Also,
the database status from mythweb showed everything as OK.  Shouldn't
that have shown a problem and been able to repair it?

Allen