[mythtv-users] "Woodchuck" sound on TV playback

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Aug 16 18:39:16 UTC 2008

> OK, thanks.  I'll do some searching around.  When I said I uninstalled
> PulsaAudio I guess I should have been a bit more specific.  I
> uninstalled what would easily go.  There are two packages remaining,
> pulseaudio-libs and pulseaudio-libs... (don't have the exact package
> names as I'm not on that particular box right now).  When I tried
> removing these packages they gave me a bunch of dependency errors for
> packages like mplayer, xine, etc.  Maybe that is what you are
> referring to as "special trouble".

I spent some more time looking for that old post but still can't find
it.  I do remember it was a Fedora issue and as I am running
Mythbuntu, I didn't run into it personally.

I also double checked my settings and I am red faced as they differ
from what I remembered:
Audio output device: ALSA:spdif
Passthrougth output device: ALSA:iec958:(AESO 0x02)
Max Audio Channels Stereo
Upmis: Passive
x Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough
x Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough
  Aggressive Sound Card Buggers
  Use Internal volume controls
(last 2 not checked)

Sorry for the mixup.  I hope this will fix your problem

Allen