[mythtv-users] ITV HD Listings Data...

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:48:20 UTC 2008

On 13/08/2008, Robert <RobertCL at iname.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>  ITV have started publishing info on their website[*] about which
>  programs will also be broadcast in HD - not exactly shouting about it
>  though :-(
>
>  When I emailed them a few weeks ago pointing out that I didn't really
>  have the time to sit and wait for the "HD" logo to appear on the screen
>  and then "press the red button", they told me that they would be making
>  this data available to listings providers[**] - whatever that may mean
>  and also on the Freesat EPG.  (I didn't bother to mention the fact that
>  I'd be hoping to record it anyway and hence skipping their ads ;-) )
>
>  I know someone on the list has a contact with the Radio Times XMLTV
>  people and I was wondering if there was any way we could get this info
>  fed through there and into either the HDTV column in the database or as
>  a separate channel so that we could get an ITV-HD channel in the
>  listings.  I've had a quite look in the XML for the offending program,
>  but there is nothing that I can see marking it as also in HD.

I've requested the ITV HD channel be added - but I've not had any
helpful replies from the Radio Times since May '08.

If the data they provide can somehow flag whether programmes are HD,
I'll be able to make sure that the XMLTV output makes this clear via
the <video> element's quality attribute.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/