[mythtv-users] Why no External Channel Change Script for DVB cards?

Keith Wire keith.wire at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 17 00:06:16 UTC 2008

Hi, I've been building my dream MythTV setup for several months and knocking
off one issue at a time, but this one has me stumped.

My backend has a couple of pcHDTV HD-5500 cards and a Haupauge PVR-350.  I
plan to use the HD-5500's to receive OTA HD, and connect the PVR-350 to my
old DirecTV box.  I just put up a new antenna and Channel Master 9521A
rotor.   This rotor has a remote and can be programmed to move to a
predefined direction.  (I live in the boondocks of NW Ohio and am 60+ miles
from any major TV towers, so I need to move the antenna to get a strong
signal.)   I have created a script ( Antenna_GoToChannel.sh ) to run an IR
Blaster to change the antenna to the proper preset position.  It works great
from the command line.

Now I wanted to have MythTV call my script when I changed channels, but I
see no "External channel change command" for the HD-5500 cards, only for the
PVR-350.

I searched the Archives on Gossamer and someone said there was none for DVB
cards, only V4L cards.

So I have two questions:

1)      Is there really no place to call my script, or am I missing
something?

2)      If not, why?  Not complaining, I just want to understand.

Thanks, Keith