[mythtv-users] [OT-ish] BBC iplayer bandwidth upgrade, and move to h264.

John reidjr at btconnect.com
Sun Aug 17 18:40:01 UTC 2008

Not sure if this is old news, but the streaming BBC iplayer has upgraded
the quality this week. There is now a beta "play in high quality" option
in the web based flash player.

There is no slick way of playing from within mythtv, but I have had some
success on my Mythbuntu frontend using the web based Flash player full
screen from within Firefox. Unfortunately Mythbrowser doesn't currently
seem to support Flash.

I know the iphone hacks have come and gone, but has anybody got flash
support working under mythbrowser, or a better legal way of "Making the
unmissable... unmissable" on mythtv ?

John