[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Answers requested

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 18 02:36:16 UTC 2008

Robert McNamara wrote:

> Curious as to how you know this if it's still in the plastic.  ;)  The
> short answer is, you've got to try it to find out.  The C2 units have
> a fan, C1 units do not.  If it is an early C1 unit, it will work
> perfectly.  If it's a later one, it will not.

I have a C1 unit that was shipped the first week (it had been pre-ordered).

I haven't had much chance to play with it, I do know that it does not
seem to have the "running hot" problem, as it is quite cool after many
hours running the Windows app.

Is there a known serial-number cutoff where the problems began?

beww