[mythtv-users] DecoderMAD - Error 5

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 21:25:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Frans Hardijzer <nsfrans at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to listen to music on one of my front-ends it fails.
>
> I choose for media library – Listen to Music. A message loading music with
> running gauge appears followed by a list of MP3-files, one of them selected.
>

> Hereafter a messagebox appears showing: Mythmusic has encountered the
> following error: "DecoderMAD: Failed to open input. Error 5."
>

> This frontend runs on the same box as the backend. On the other, networked,
> frontends I can listen to all the music I like, no problemo.
>

> Could someone give me a hunch where to start looking for the source of this
> problem?

Can the frontend actually access this file?  I get this error when my
frontend tries to play a track that is in the database but no longer
exists.  Try running aplay and the file name, if that works then it is
some other issue.  If not, see why the frontend can't access the
directory or the file itself (permission issue, improper config
network wise, etc).