[mythtv-users] DecoderMAD - Error 5

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Aug 18 22:38:23 UTC 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Frans Hardijzer wrote:

> This might just be the problem. Unfortunately the boxes where setup by
> some-one else and I'm not Linux aware enough to further investigate
> this
> now. Could you suggest a good documentationsource about symlink etc?

First find out if that actually is the problem.
Next just google for symlink for an explanation of what it is. Please
do not do anything to your machine if you don't fully understand what
you're doing.

However, the short answer is to do this:
ln -s /path/to/real/location /path/to/alternate/location

-Brad