[mythtv-users] Input stops working in HD LiveTV

Jason Gillis spuppet at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 03:55:43 UTC 2008

So, I've got an interesting problem when watching HD livetv in mythtv on my
appletv (mythbuntu-hardy).

Basically, when I watch LiveTV in myth, input stops working when the program
is an HD program (720p or 1080i).  Keyboard commands and remote (MCE USB)
buttons via lirc don't seem to do anything.  The only thing that responds is
the ESC/exit button to get me out of livetv, but I have to hit that twice
for it to work.  If I hit 'y' early enough in the beginning of the watch
LiveTV process, I can switch to a tuner that's not HD and everything works
fine.

I've verified that both the keyboard and remote work in other parts of myth.
I can watch a recorded HD program fine and input functions fine there.
Watching a HD recording while recording is in progress works fine, too
(keyboard or remote).  It's just livetv and HD that seems to be a bad combo.

I don't see anything in the logs that would suggest an error, and I can see
that the IR reciever is working via irw.  Myth just doesn't seem to want to
do based on user input anything when watching HD except exit.  The system is
an AppleTV that's configured to use XvMC for resolutions of 720p and
greater.

Has anyone seen this issue before?  I realize I haven't provided enough
information in this mail, so if there's something specific that can be
provided, please let me know what would be good to collect.  None of the
verbose flags for mythfrontend seem to be ones that would cough up reasons
for not paying attention to input.

I've done some searches in the archives, but I'm not coming up with a lot of
promising results.  But, I may have missed something important as there's
lots of occurences of the keywords I'm looking for (remote, input, etc.).  I
can't think of any better keywords for the searches I've done.

The frontend reports a version of 18161 on the -fixes branch.  The backend
is on the same version now:

Jason

[jgillis at phoenix ~] $ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 18161
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3
using_live

jgillis at appletv:~$ mythfrontend.real --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 18161
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb