[mythtv-users] Configuration for Australia

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Aug 19 04:58:17 UTC 2008

>>> I'm able to playback Australian HDTV on an old P4 3.0GHz with an Nvidia
>>> 5700 (I think for sure its a 5 series) using the default "Normal"
>>> playback
>>> profile. As far as I'm aware HDTV in AU is MPEG2 only not h264 (I could
>>> be
>>> wrong)
> I'm running a combined BE/FE, haven't looked at the CPU usage but I'll
> check this out tonight if I get a chance.
>
> If your only Playing back SD a 700MHz P3 will do the job, my old BE/FE was
> this spec, but the faster the hardware the quicker comm flagging is
> completed and other user jobs for example archiving to DVD.
>
> the HD Homerun is not a card as such its a network Streaming device with
> dual HD tuners so you dont need a motherboard with lots of PCI slots to
> expand the number tuners you have.

I finally got around to testing this and I found the CPU usage was
anywhere between 75 - 107%

the source was marked as HD but this may not have been correct.

SD CPU usage is around 60 - 70%

Cheers,

Anthony