[mythtv-users] HD Homerun question about both tuners

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Tue Aug 19 06:47:50 UTC 2008

This may be provider-specific, so this would be aimed more at anyone using
Shaw Cable HD in the Vancouver, Canada area, but anyone else please feel free
to chime in with their own experience.

My question is regarding the two tuners on the HD Homerun.  If I am getting HD
from a provider (in my case it would be Shaw Cable in Vancouver, Canada),
would I be able to split off the connection like I can with the analog, or
does it have to go from the HD settop box from Shaw to the HD Homerun?  If it
has to go from the settop box to HD Homerun, then I assume if I got two
settop boxes, I would be able to plug them both into the HD Homerun, and
record off both tuners and/or record from one and watch from the other?

Thanks! :-)

-Alan