[mythtv-users] Freeview UK channel number chaos after rescan

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 15:06:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, John Pilkington wrote:

> I suspect that my old setup had got a bit outdated so I don't really
> want to revert to the old database, but I'd like to have the channels
> back in the conventional order - preferably without manual editing, one
> channel at a time, in mythtvsetup.  Does anyone have a better solution?

I rescanned recently and ended up with a duplicate channel entry for BBC
World Service (I generally do a transport rescan on MythTV every time my TV
rescans, so my database was probably much more up-to-date). I just went into
mysql and edited the old entry for World Service such that the serviceid and
mplexid matched those of the new channel entry (which I then deleted).

If one cared enough, I'm sure one could write a SQL script which would
automate the process...

> John Pilkington

HTH,
Alex.