[mythtv-users] Input stops working in HD LiveTV

Jason Gillis spuppet at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 16:41:29 UTC 2008

> So, I've got an interesting problem when watching HD livetv in mythtv
> on my appletv (mythbuntu-hardy).
>
> Basically, when I watch LiveTV in myth, input stops working when the
> program is an HD program (720p or 1080i).  Keyboard commands and
> remote (MCE USB) buttons via lirc don't seem to do anything.  The only
> thing that responds is the ESC/exit button to get me out of livetv,
> but I have to hit that twice for it to work.  If I hit 'y' early
> enough in the beginning of the watch LiveTV process, I can switch to a
> tuner that's not HD and everything works fine.

I tried disabling Xrandr resolution switching this morning to see if that
was part of the problem, but saw no difference in behavior.

I also did some reading in the FAQ and the problem sounds vaguely like a
focus problem, but I can't see how I'd lose focus when using the internal
player.  Also, since I'm using the internal player to watch existing
recordings, I'd expect the same behavior there.

I also verified that keyboard input works when watching HD programming in
livetv on the backend system, so it doesn't appear to be related to
something on the backend.

Any ideas that someone might have would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Jason