[mythtv-users] MHEG indication/logo diplay toggle?

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Aug 19 19:38:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 14:59 +0100, nospam312 wrote:
> > I finally got some time to explore Interactive TV, that modern
> teletext,
> > the red button, the MHEG stuff used on UK Freeview DVB-T.
> >
> > Quite easy to setup, works great. Cool thing!
> >
> > Now I am stuck with a permanent logo on my screen on channels
> proposing
> > the service.
> >
> > Is there a way to toggle that indication outside of turning MHEG
> > completely off for the whole system?
> >
> > I've looked at the wiki, at the bindings and at the ML's archive.
> The
> > closest I found was this, with no answer:
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/331420
> > I'm on 0.21-fixes as provided by Mythbuntu.
>
> I asked this (or very similar question) a few days ago here is the
> reply.  It works for me.  Replies are below - I think F7 will do what
> you what - on BBCi anyway.
>
> >Thanks.  Pure guess here but it looks like F6 exits and F7 toggles
> MHEG on/off.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I confirm that F7 toggles the display of the actual "pages".

What I am trying to toggle in the indicative logo on the top right
corner of the screen, the one that is generally saying "Press red
button".

Can it be removed from the display, while still keeping the
functionality (not removing it altogether), or is there a timer to set
where the logo vanishes after a while?

Nico