[mythtv-users] FireWire Issues on SA 4240HDC

Josh Wisenbaker macshome at afp548.com
Tue Aug 19 21:22:05 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've been playing with KnoppMyth R5 on a Core2Duo Mac Mini and the
FireWire tuner is giving me fits. So far I can change channels, but I
can never get a channel lock. firewire_tester never reports any
success with the Generic or SA profiles selected in mythtv-setup.
mythtv-setup does correctly identify the GUID and model of my SA
4240HDC STB.

I know it isn't an EMI issue on the channels I'm testing. They are
marked as copy freely and I can in fact record and play them back
using the AVCapture and VirtualDVHS apps from the FireWire SDK when
booted into Mac OS X.

Any tips on how to proceed? I've already burned through the FireWire
troubleshooting steps I've found in the various wikis.

Thanks,
Josh

--
Josh Wisenbaker, ACSA