[mythtv-users] Is my JFS broken ?

r2d2 r2d2z4j6y8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:03:19 UTC 2008

Hi,
At boot time I notice that some files and directories were missing on my jfs
filesystem, where are all my recordings. In fact, some files were relocated
in lost+found directories with a name like Innnnnnn.RCN (files) or
Dnnnnnn.RCN (directories). I suppose this problem come from a "Corrupt dmap
page" error, but I'm not sure.
I was able to restore some files to their original location but after moving
some files, on one file the mv command hang. I am not able to list the
origin directory neither the destination directory, The ls command hangs. I
am not able to create a not null file on the filesystem. I mean "cat
/dev/null > myfile" works but "dd if=/dev/zero of=zeros bs=1M count=10"
hangs. The filesystem doesn't seem to be full as refered by the df command.
The results of a iostat command are around 50% iowait but no bytes write or
read. I can't kill process hanging on the filesystem and can't umount it. I
tried to shutdown but the computer is hanging. After a new boot, I had the
same problem but when moving another file and some other files were
relocated in the lost+found directories. I am not able to restart my
mythtvbox with a clean filesystem.
What's wrong with my filesystem ?
I would appreciate some help.

Kind regards.