[mythtv-users] PlayOn turns RSS video feeds into UPnP folders

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:02:37 UTC 2008

I came across this software from an article on Engadget talking about using
this software with the PS3/Xbox/etc.  It occured to me that this could work
just as well with djmount (the UPnP filesystem for Linux) to present Hulu,
YouTube, and any other video content to MythTV, specifically MythVideo for
playback.

http://www.themediamall.com/playon

I think I'm going to give this a try myself and see what the results are.
It sure would be nice if MythTV had a UPnP client itself but this might work
in the meantime.

Kevin