[mythtv-users] Is my JFS broken ?

r2d2 r2d2z4j6y8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:19:35 UTC 2008

> Almost definitely a hardware error on the disk.
Bad news.

> If you type "dmesg" do you see anything about IO errors, DMA resets, or
timeouts?
I didn't notice anything about IO errors or other errors. As I mentioned,
there was "Corrupt dmap page" in /var/log/messages before the filesystem was
first damaged.

> Depending on how important your recordings are, I'd suggest buying a new
disk and copying
> them off one at a time then you'll find out which is on the broken bits of
disk.
I will consider  buying a new disk. It would be quite difficult to identify
the broken bits as the filesystem resides on a logical volume built over 2
software RAID arrays (raid1, 2 disks and raid5, 4 disks). I know this is an
awful mess. TV shows and movies are not so important, but I am disappointed
: the RAID was inefficient to prevent this kind of problem.

Kind regards.