[mythtv-users] Setting up custom channel for STB

Damian O'Sullivan shabba at skynet.ie
Wed Aug 20 21:57:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Tom Corcoran wrote:
> I am upgrading from an Analog system to DVB-S using an external Sat
> receiver, I have the signal form the Sat box connected the composite-in
> on my PVR-150 but I am unsure how to setup the channel to view the image
> before I start worrying about channel changer scripts.  I have
> configured the input on the 'composite' port under mythtv setup screen
> but am confused by scanning & grabbers?
>
> I suppose what I am really looking for would be very similar to a SKY
> STB setup guide.  (Damian ?)

Am I reading you right and you have a PCI/PCI-E DVB-S card or are you just
using another STP to feed your PVR150? I am intending buying a couple of
DVB-S (maybe S2) cards for my box and do Freesat through them (with HD).

If you have seperate card then it is differnet to my setup.

If you are using a STB you will need a way of channel changing. The MCE
remote has a blaster that may be able to do this on your STB.

The STB would then be source ID 2 on your PVR150 with regular RF channels
on 1.

To see that you can view anything make sure the STB is on a channel and
then :

v4l2-ctl -i 2
mplayer /dev/video0

This should show the channel and confirm cabling etc ok.

Shout with anymore Qs as again I am not sure I am on the same page as you.

Damian O'Sullivan  Tel: 087 2241456    damian at linux.ie