[mythtv-users] Cover downloads from IMDB

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Aug 20 22:23:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:

> Bobby Gill wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com
> > <mailto:abostock at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     2008/8/20 Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com
> >     <mailto:abostock at gmail.com>>:
> >      > 2008/8/20 Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com
> >     <mailto:abostock at gmail.com>>:
> >      >> 2008/8/20 Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk
> >     <mailto:damian at gingermagic.co.uk>>:
> >      >>> Brian Phillips wrote:
> >      >>>> Bobby Gill wrote:
> >      >>>>> James, I just glanced at my V poster as well hehe, yeah it's
> >     high-res
> >      >>>>> too.
> >      >>>>>
> >      >>>>> Yes another source would be good, maybe movieposter.com
> >     <http://movieposter.com> or something?
> >      >>>>>
> >      >>>>> Bob
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> If I'm not mistaken, the grabber goes to imdb.com
> >     <http://imdb.com> and then goes to the
> >      >>>> "posters" page.
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> Once on that page it looks for URLs for various sites in a
> >     "preference"
> >      >>>> order.  IMDB images are the last grabbed (if the previous URLs
> >     time out).
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>>>From line 277 of my imdb.pl there's a comment:
> >      >>>>    # look for references to impawards.com
> >     <http://impawards.com> posters - they are high quality
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> Then if it can't get a poster from that site, it tries
> >     "nexbase", then
> >      >>>> "cinemablend", then finally imdb.com <http://imdb.com>.
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> If all of them fail, it doesn't grab a poster.
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> Brian
> >      >>>
> >      >>> So maybe it's the images on the first search that have changed?
> >     Is that
> >      >>> impawards.com <http://impawards.com>?
> >      >>>
> >      >>> Damian
> >      >>> _______________________________________________
> >      >>> mythtv-users mailing list
> >      >>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> >      >>>
> >      >>
> >      >> Looks like imdb have changed their posters page layout. Just
> >     edit you
> >      >> imdb.pl file (probably located in
> >      >> /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts) and change line 282
> >     from...
> >      >>
> >      >> my $impsite = parseBetween($response, "<a href=\"".$site,
> >     "\">".$site);
> >      >>
> >      >> ...to...
> >      >>
> >      >> my $impsite = parseBetween($response, "<a href=\"".$site,
> >      >> "\">\(Theatrical Movie Posters\)");
> >      >>
> >      >>
> [...]

Damian,

Upto you, if it's not urgent just hang on until hopefully Ashley's fix has
been included, otherwise I've uploaded the imdb.pl script right from my
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts if you'd like. If you're on Ubuntu it
should go into that path or perhaps
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts. It's gotta be
"/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts" at end of path either way. Just pop the script
in there and make sure you clear youre ~/.mythtv/mythvideo/   folder of any
.jpg's (all previous posters). Then go to the video manager and try grabbing
the metadata again and check the posters, they should come in right.

bobgill.net/imdb.tgz

Bob