[mythtv-users] NAS mobo

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:38:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I found a case that will take 20 SATA hard drives.  Cool!
>>
> Not unless you are cooling with liquid nitrogen, no.

I have 20 SATA drives in a case and it keeps them cool. However this
is in a server room and the AC is set to 68F and the case is actually
2 inexpensive Full Towers screwed together with the mobo part ripped
out. I am using dual power 400W supplies and a resistive load on the
second supply but if it was now I would just get a 750W PS. The whole
system (2 Opteron 248 x 4GB X 20 HD X 2 promise sx8 ) maxes out at
around 450W according to APC.