[mythtv-users] firewire capture

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 18:31:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Barry Quiel <quielb at ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:
> I've finally upgraded to to digital HD cable ( still getting QAM HD )
> and wanted to set up firewire capture.  I've been looking around on the
> internets and had a quick question.  Is the firewire wiki up to date?
> Are the firewire modules still needing to be built with the new kernels?

I set up firewire capture for the first time on my machine last week.
The wiki page did work reasonably well for me; so I'm assume it's not
terribly outdated.  I am using Fedora 8, kernel 2.6.25 - and I did
rebuild those older firewire modules as recommended by the wiki.
Actually - I installed them from ATrpms. I did not use the 'newer'
firewire stack that was included in Fedora 8.