[mythtv-users] Backend constantly dies

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Aug 21 18:35:37 UTC 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 11:12 AM, r2d2 wrote:

> I have the same problem and I use monit : http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Status_Monitoring_How_To
> .

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd rather not band-aid the problem. I'm
getting the feeling like switching to Mythbuntu was a big mistake. My
remote mythbuntu frontend has been solid for months so I thought I
would move my master backend over to it, too. The reason I switched is
because for the life of me I couldn't get h.264 recordings to play
with audio on F8. Now I get choppy h.264 recordings with audio and a
backend that dies several times a day, but other times remains solid
for several hours of normal use and a log file that simply tells me
the backend went away without any indication as to why.

I guess there is some solace in knowing I'm not alone.

-Brad