[mythtv-users] Question on video card upgrade for best HD with KDE 4

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Thu Aug 21 20:28:47 UTC 2008

I currently have
  nVidia Corporation GeForce 7100 GS (rev a1)

Running with Fedora Core 9, kernel 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.x86_64,
  KDE 4 and nvidia driver version 173.14.12-28.x86_64.

I'm getting a lot of tearing/artifacts after the upgrade from
a stable, well working FC8 system.  I've tried a lot of the
suggestions I've seen on the nvidia site, all yield basically
the same quality.

If I were to try a new video card to try and help things out,
would it be as simple as checking out a page like this:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphics_cards_buy_now.html

And finding one that has better performance in the appropriate
fields?  All this is in pursuit of HD.  I was using the
linux CoreAVC stuff on FC8 with great results.

Thanks,

Scott