[mythtv-users] Program like AVCBrowser available for Linux?

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Fri Aug 22 02:38:05 UTC 2008

Dan Linder wrote:
> I'm trying to confirm if my STB firewire port is actually sending
> video or not.  I've seen people talk about using AVCBrowser on the Mac
> to view the data stream, but I don't have a Mac.
>
> Anyone know of a similar program for PC or WinXP?
>
> Dan

I was using the test-mpeg2 program.  If you download libiec61883 and
compile the examples you will be able to use the program.  The default
compile is not very helpful, I usually recompile like this:

gcc -g -O2 -o test-mpeg2 test-mpeg2.o /usr/lib/libiec61883.so \
  /usr/lib/libraw1394.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

This assumes you have both libiec61883.so and libraw1394.so installed in
/usr/lib.