[mythtv-users] FCC Broadcast Digital Channel Requirements

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Aug 22 21:46:51 UTC 2008

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> If the cable operator opts to carry those two networks, I don't
> know for sure if the same regulations would apply. My assumption
> is that they do, and this is just an oversight on their part.
> But before I would call the local regulator I would look up the
> regulations and re-read them. Don't bother writing to the FCC,
> unless you are complaining about tits or a "pirate" station, the
> complaint will go directly into the round file.

Amen to the last point. You are far more likely to get results by
complaining to the franchising authority (usually your city, town,
village or commune). Your state's public utility commission or local
equivalent is also good, if only for a scary "CC" on your original
complaint.

A "John Doe Esq." (pick any name) on the CC list also helps to not get
"filed".

Try to complain to someone who has to stand for election, not appointed
bureaucrats.

beww