[mythtv-users] DVR Capability

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:43:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> Timecode (burned-in or otherwise) is handy, but it is a far cry from
> "proof" of when something happened.

I'm sure that the OP has more experience than us regarding the
integrity of the video, so I think we should honor his expertise -- of
course unless you are in this business.

And thus, my OT question. I always wondered how it could be proved
that a file had a certain date, or not, or if timecode was real or
not. Of course, you only need to convince the jury, but i wonder if
timecode is even used in court today. It's easy to change. It's not
like audio forensics where  special attention is paid to critiquing
background ambience, for example. Or photography forensics that
closely scrutinizes photos for photoshop trickery.

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com