[mythtv-users] How do I create desktop icon shortcuts?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Aug 23 03:31:22 UTC 2008

This may not seem like a myth question but as my mythbuntu 8.04 system
with ubuntu desktop installed doesn't work like my ubuntu 8.04 laptop,
I don't know where else to go.  I searched and searched and everything
I found works on ubuntu but not on mythbuntu.  So, how can I create
little icons that I can put on the desktop, either an alternate
desktop or the one you get when  you close mythfrontend?  I have
installed the full ubuntu desktop package.  I want to make this a
primary computer/ myth frontend for my wife's birthday next week.  If
I can't put icons on the desktop so she can launch myth or firefox,
she will never buy in.

This is what I have found from searching and none of it works:
1) rt click on desktop and select "create a launcher"
2) just click on the item and drag and drop
3) CTRL-SHIFT drag and drop.

So, anyone know how this is done?

Allen